Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Manager of Finance will help Optum Tri-State drive financial performance across its FFS and Risk entities by leading long-term financial and capital planning, developing scalable financial & performance reports, supporting the evaluation of organic and inorganic growth opportunities, and assisting with other high priority ad hoc deliverables. This person will drive work closely with regional financial leadership on prioritization of investments across Optum Tri-State to drive future revenue growth while maximizing financial returns.
If you are located in the greater metropolitan New York city area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive annual and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet forecasting cycles for regional and corporate leadership
- Support development of business/financial case for specific initiatives, capital investments and new business opportunities
- Develop metrics, benchmarks, and analytics to guide appropriate investments
- Partner with BU regional financial and operational leadership to ensure cost management and investments are reasonable and aligned with defined performance targets and financial thresholds
- Assist in prioritization of investment for the business, providing recommendations based on financial and non-financial targets
- Analyze and maintain monthly product P&Ls and review results with leadership
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve/automate processes and identify areas of improvement
- Complete standard variance analysis and research variance drivers and explain cause-effect relationships
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend, and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Act as subject matter expert on the supported segment & apply in-depth knowledge of the business for recommendations to management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Predictive Analytics, or similar area of study
- 4+ years of progressive financial (including financial planning and analysis), or public accounting experience
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros, ability to manage detailed multi-year projections in Excel)
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data (Tableau or Alteryx experience a plus)
- Experience utilizing solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Proven knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts, and procedures
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Demonstrated ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- MBA or CPA
- PeopleSoft Experience, Hyperion SmartView and/or Essbase
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional partners
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.