The Business Development (BD) Specialist supports the overall marketing and BD efforts of the department, collaborating with team members to support implementation of key initiatives for the assigned department, its practices, and its attorneys, as well as other informal assigned groups/teams.
This role will support the business development efforts of the Private Investment Funds/Fund Formation and Capital Markets practice groups and respective business development team, reporting to the Business Development Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff Development Framework: Adhere to Professional Excellence, Client Focus, and Leadership & Professionalism standards set forth in the firm's Staff Development Framework, which will be provided during the interview/onboarding process.
- Talent Development: Provide feedback on BD Coordinator performance to manager.
- Lateral Recruiting & Integration: Work with BD Manager to create all materials needed for pre-arrival packet. Assist in implementing integration plan initiatives.
- Service Delivery: Participate in day-to-day delivery of BD services for assigned practices.
- Strategic Planning: As requested, support execution of strategic planning initiatives including key projects, tracking ROI on those projects and business development plans.
- Directories & Rankings: Support development of ranking and directory submissions, including referee lists, as requested.
- Content & Knowledge Management:
- Actively participate in ongoing maintenance of the firm's experience system;
- Review materials and input revised or new content into experience system;
- Update or add experience to the experience system, as requested, including from completed directory and ranking submissions; and
- Track pitch and proposal activity in the new experience system.
- Proposals/Marketing Collateral: Support development of proposal materials and RFP response content for assigned practices; develop routine pitch materials. Support BD Manager and above in developing and maintaining print collateral suite and electronic content in collaboration with brand marketing team on messaging, design, and visual storytelling.
- Marketing & Operations:
- With guidance from the BD Manager, work directly with attorneys on CLE presentations, client briefings, blogs, newsletters, etc., focusing on development of content and distribution list.
- Handle all logistics related to firm-produced events and conference sponsorships including follow-up/ROI with assistance of BD Coordinator; utilize event team support as necessary.
- Update and add experience reports to experience database for assigned practices.
- Track BD expenses against budget for assigned practices; review finance reports and correct misclassified expenses.
- Practice-wide Meetings: Support scheduling and logistical arrangements and other preparations for regular and special practice meetings, including agenda and materials development as assigned.
- Brand Marketing: Support advancing omni-channel marketing strategies and tactics for assigned practices.
- Markets/Offices: Support market/regional activities and/or office activities as requested, including assisting with planning and executing of local events hosted both in and outside of the office, booth set-ups, and day-of logistical support.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (Must be specifically listed on resume to be considered for this position.)
- 4-year college degree required
- 3+ years of business development, sales, marketing, or writing experience in a law firm or other professional services firm environment, or experience as a practicing attorney or paralegal or in another similar legal industry role
- Experience preparing proposal (RFP) responses, pitch materials, presentations, and other related materials is a plus
- Strong project management skills/ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with CRM, information systems, and database functionality/concepts is a plus
- Creative, resourceful, and ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- The ability to build credibility and develop internal and external relationships by demonstrating:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (email, telephone, and in-person) as well as editing skills
- Proactive, confident attitude and approach
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize projects with enthusiasm
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to provide consistently superior level of service to internal and external clients
- Professional appearance and ability to speak comfortably in professional and social settings
New York based applicants only: The target annual salary range for this role is currently $92,000 - $107,000, based on a regular, full-time schedule. The amount of compensation offered will be determined by several factors, including but not limited to experience, qualifications, market data and internal equity. Total compensation may include an annual discretionary merit bonus, yearly retirement plan contribution, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer)