Provide exceptional customer service, technical expertise, and demonstrate a foundational understanding of the law firm environment and technical support requirements. Oversee all IS functions within the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices to ensure timely responses and attention to daily support and technical needs including collaboration and audio-visual services. Proactively seek to mitigate customer issues and offer assessments in leveraging and effectively utilizing technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate schedules and ensure daily on-site support for all Information Services and technology functions.
- Work closely with office leadership team to coordinate high profile events requiring IT services or support.
- Ensure resources have the necessary knowledge, training, and technical expertise to service customers.
- Assist in employee selection process and conduct on-going performance evaluations.
- Review incident management reports on a consistent basis and offer formal recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Monitor work levels via incident management system.
- Coordinate with other IS Supervisors regarding resources, coverage, policies and procedures, and cross training of support staff.
Technical Support Services
- Monitor service levels and customer satisfaction through tracking software and reports.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve second level computer software and or hardware problems.These include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office, Document Management (iManage), internet access, remote connectivity, printing, etc.
- Provide, recommend, install, and support software specific solutions to meet or exceed business requirements.
- Isolate recurring technical or training issues to proactively address customer problems.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by reviewing and performing follow-up actions (using e-mail and /or telephone calls) regarding open and closed trouble tickets.
- Attend departmental meetings including but not limited to, Change Management, Network Downtime, Problem review, etc.
- Responsible for making sure all firm assets are tracked and documented. Review asset- tracking system on a quarterly basis to confirm assets are assigned and reflect actual inventory.
- Coordinate with office administration and facilities on office technology projects associated with office moves, new construction, or modifications to existing office spaces.
- Conduct quality assurance tasks on new applications, document templates, and technology-driven training titles including system, usability, and functional testing. Work with various project teams to resolve issues identified in the quality assurance process.
- Provide "just in time solutions" to attorneys and professional staff. Review ways to assist attorneys in using technology more effectively.
- Handle training and trouble ticket requests along with project work (lease returns, hardware upgrades, new desktop configurations).
- Prevent loss of customer functionality by ensuring regular maintenance is conducted on computers and associated technology hardware. Review reports on a regular basis to ensure systems are rebooted often and are compliant with security updates.
- Update and maintain technical support documentation specific for all IT systems specific to the office.
- Minimum 7+ years information technology work experience in a law firm or professional services organization managing information technology services and projects.
- Minimum 2+ years of college education and or certifications in IS disciplines.
- Previous Supervisor or Management experience within IS or similar role required.
- Strong working knowledge of firm's operating system, software, and hardware (Windows, M365, and general computer hardware and software configuration).
- ITIL certification, A+ certification or other technical certification desired.
- Exceptional organizational skills and communication skills
- Solid understanding of general business management with the ability to lead projects and motivate others and manage a team.
- Ability to analyze issues, establish priorities, anticipate consequences, make decisions, and initiate action.
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems by gathering facts and applying general standard operating procedures. Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of customers.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, professional staff, and vendors.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must be available after business hours as required.
In addition to paying competitive, market-based salaries, Winston offers comprehensive benefits that provide a full spectrum of coverage and support for our full-time employees and their families. Our generous benefits and perks, which are subject to eligibility and may change from time to time, include:
HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- Medical, dental, and vision plans - coverage begins on the first day of employment
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee assistance program
- Free premium access to the Calm app
- Mental health first aid responders
- 24/7 concierge service
- Back-up child and elder care through Bright Horizons
- Free overnight shipment of breast milk for nursing moms when they travel for work
- On-site nursing rooms
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Firm-funded retirement plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 10 sick/personal days per year
- Paid vacation time
- Up to 2 days of paid time off to participate in Winston for Good activities
Bay Area based applicants only: The target annual salary range for this role is currently $138,000 - $160,000, based on a regular, full-time schedule. The amount of compensation offered will be determined by several factors, including but not limited to experience, qualifications, market data and internal equity. Total compensation may include an annual discretionary merit bonus, yearly retirement plan contribution, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer) #LI-DC2