Engr Technician Specialist - 3rd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: GLENDALE, AZ, United States
: Jan 22, 2024
Job ID: 43402
Position located in Glendale, AZ. This position is responsible for any combination of engineering technical duties which require a high degree of accuracy in one or more of the following functions: Metrology, Field Service, and Engineering Services.
- Maintains both paper and electronic records in an organized manner thereby allowing the retrieval of records upon request.
- Maintains inventory and orders spare equipment as needed.
- Performs a wide variety of audits, calibrations, record keeping, etc., on flow test and ancillary test equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs faulty equipment; includes all hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic, servo controlled and computer based systems.
- Moving/installing test stands and other test equipment.
- Other responsibilities as required and/or directed.
- Provide all company engineering and production teams with expertise of test equipment, fixturing and production hardware.
- Assist with test stand concepts, design, and manufacturing as needed.
- Specify and approve components used to test Parker products.
- Work with Parker equipment vendors insuring that they meet all Parker requirements prior to final delivery of equipment to a facility.
- Plan, check, set up, and operate, basic and advanced Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) and/or process equipment.
- Use calibration standards (dimensional, electrical, thermal, and optical) to calibrate, adjust, certify, maintain, and repair M&TE/process equipment using approved calibration procedures, process specifications, equipment drawings, and M&TE /process equipment manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Conduct routine tests, analyze data and document results. Troubleshoot and recommend resolution of shop floor equipment, laboratory and test-related problems. Associated Duties and Responsibilities: Route M&TE/process equipment between receiving area, customer, and calibration lab.
- Update equipment status using established systems and complete associated paperwork.
- Prioritize and perform work according to automated daily report list, hot list, or as assigned by team lead or manager.
- Perform visual check of M&TE/process equipment for discrepancies and wear.
Requires an Associate degree in engineering, a two year technical school degree, related trade or military training,
Eight years related experience with a demonstrated ability to perform the described responsibilities.
Analyze and record test results and prepare written testing documentation.
5+ years of experience calibrating and/or using Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) or a Bachelor's degree in a technical field in lieu of that experience
Demonstrate the ability to use hand and power tools.
Knowledgeable in hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and systems with the ability to troubleshoot these systems to the component level.
Exercises a basic knowledge of maintenance/repair procedures.
Ability to use layout inspection equipment such as micrometers, vernier calipers, comparators and layout equipment.
Knowledgeable in electrical and electronic schematics and systems with the ability to troubleshoot these systems to the component level using electronic trouble-shooting instrumentation including DMM's, oscilloscopes, etc.
Ability to operate and maintain manual and automatic test equipment, including servicing, repairing, calibrating, tuning of PID servo control circuits.
Strong personal computer skills are required including system component hardware and a thorough working knowledge of the MS Windows Operating System in addition to the proficient use of the MS Office Suite and various Windows applications.
Working knowledge of industrial process control, data acquisition, PLC and test profile programming is required.
Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Demonstrated ability to read, write and understand instructions, procedures, sketches, schematics, engineering drawings to determine methods and sequences of assembly and testing in English.
Ability to multi-task or change priories as needs arise.
Maintain up-to-date qualification data and daily log books on each project.
Willing to perform other related responsibilities.
Interface with employees from other functional areas i.e. design engineering, process manufacturing, quality control and vendors.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be willing to work effectively as a participative team member and be willing to assist less experienced personnel.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).