**All City Schools staff members are required to have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or to have applied for and received a medical or religious exemption from this mandate.
Functioning as a junior developer, supports application development including reports and integrations, implementation, and maintenance efforts across the Information Technology Departments.
- Assists in the maintenance and enhancement of existing programs and reports using appropriate development languages and application development tools and environments.
- Assists in the design of logical and functional data models and assists in the design of data administration models using development and/or systems analysis skills.
- Reviews, corrects and/or develops simple application code to address user needs or resolve basic user problems.
- Translate stakeholders' requirements into reporting deliverables.
- Participate in evaluating new technologies so as to ensure the advancement of technology architecture and data within organization Business Intelligence needs.
- Develop dashboard, report generation, KPIs, and delivering ad-hoc reports.
- Experience in writing SQLs using SQL Server, Oracle platform.
- Experience in writing custom applications in .Net platform.
- Experience in object-oriented programming and other data analysis programs
- Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains programs.
- Interfaces with application users, database administrators and special project teams as necessary or as directed.
- Maintains a basic technical understanding of one or more City Schools application programs, database, operating system, customer data retrieval process, reports, or network configuration.
- Familiar with various reporting tools such as SSRS, Crystal reports, Power BI.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus - Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills - Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships - Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or any relevant professional experience or any relevant certifications in the field of IT development, programming or reports.
- Creative, responsive, and adaptive in a dynamic environment and work in team environment.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills.
- Adhere to all established company policies, procedures, and safety rules as outlined.
- Ability to frequently communicate orally, write, read, comprehend, reason, and perform basic mathematic calculations and analyze.
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions.
- Must have strong Analytical and critical skills to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link:
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.
This position is affiliated with the City Retirement Plan.