Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population,Watkins Glen Internationalis the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted "Best NASCAR Track" by readers ofUSA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
Supervise daily maintenance, security, and safety activities for track buildings and grounds; assist with facility/event setup and tear down; oversight of general facility duties as required with an emphasis on event preparation and execution, track rentals and on-site activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing facility clean-up, maintenance, and miscellaneous duties for maintaining the grounds and facilities.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with leasing tenants.
- Manage the overall condition of all buildings and grounds. Oversee routine preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings, facilities, and mechanical equipment.
- Manage security operations and staffing to ensure a safe and secure property.
- Manage fire safety staffing as needed for special event rentals.
- Manage and assist any IT/AV technical issues as appropriate with the support of our corporate IT department.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to establish schedules and methods of preventative maintenance and repair services identifying resource needs, reviewing needs with appropriate staff, allocating resources accordingly.
- Develop and implement a periodic facility inspection program to identify necessary repairs or concerns with the property.
- Respond to emergency maintenance, safety, and security requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution when possible.
- Assist Director of Operations in event preparations, coordinate any event safety, security, or maintenance requests reported throughout the event weekend.
- Oversee maintenance/repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors.
- Follow the department's budget, invoice processing, and accounts payable procedures.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety/compliance.
- Coordinate and assign tasks for direct reports.
- Basic office systems knowledge including but not limited to computer systems & programs, a smartphone, Workday, and ABI. Microsoft Office suite knowledge preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Assist staff in prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Assist Director of Operations in regards to budgeting the property needs to maintain.
- Generate and secure contracts / certificates of insurance for venders, suppliers, and facility rentals.
- Upon request be available to act as support to the Mid-Atlantic Region either in person or in a remote role before, during, or after a large gathering event.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ongoing dialogue and interaction with Director of Operations to assure that the goals and objectives of the facility are being met; a year-end review will determine where success is accomplished and/or where improvements are needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training.
- Background in working with outside vendors and contractors
- Communication, problem solving, and time management skills
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Occasional work performed in environments with a wide range of temperature and weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Work requires some extended periods of standing and walking.
- Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs.
- Repetitive bending, reaching, crouching, pushing, and pulling.
- Handling and manipulating equipment controls.
- Maintaining balance to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching on even or uneven surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
- Hours will vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to attend events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary. Must be able to work extended hours during events and weekends
Special Position Requirements
The position may require travel as requested.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.