The Business Manager oversees the business operations of the Office of Communications, Engagement and Enrollment. The Business Manager manages all business affairs for the office and non-programmatic administrative functions, including the general management of budget and financial operations, procurement, customer and vendor relations, supply and inventory management, and the monitoring of designated departmental grants accounting and administration. This position will be an integral part of the office management team and will lead special initiatives in support of the division.
- Uses data and information from various systems and sources to diagnose budget-related challenges, recommend potential solutions, and implement solutions with cross-functional stakeholder groups.
- Prepares monthly, interim, and on-demand financial reports and analysis and assists as needed to provide extensive, thorough, and accurate customer service and technical support to department stakeholders.
- Supports the Administrative/Operations team in the development and dissemination of communication to internal and external stakeholders in the form of presentations, memos, and reporting to support division budget and related initiatives
- Coordinates best practice guidance training, manuals, updates, and resources to support budget staff across teams in implementing procurement functions (e.g., K12Buy, PCARD, quotes/invoicing, journaling/book-keeping) in partnership with internal budget/finance team members.
- Develops systems and mechanisms to ensure smooth execution of procurement functions, including reconciling expenditures, tracking and managing of purchases, assets and inventory.
- Provides excellent customer service and technical support to vendors connected to departmental programs for timely submission of requisitions and closing out of purchase orders.
- Conducts data analysis and financial reporting related to internal research to inform resource allocation and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board polices and the professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, public administration, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, statistics, engineering, planning or political science. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Five years of experience in budget formulation, accounting, personnel management analysis, or administrative work. One year of this experience must include work in office management, budget planning, formulation, review, or management.
- State or local Government finance experience preferred.
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting, and policy analysis; Knowledge of performance budgeting concepts; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing reports and making presentations on budget recommendations to senior departmental management and other executive/leadership team members.
- Strong analytical abilities, including understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Ability to work independently, in teams and under pressure; Availability to work extended hours as required to meet budget deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Skills with either Microsoft Excel.
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
- Baltimore City Public Schools ("City Schools") does not discriminate in its employment, programs, and activities based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy or parenting status, family structure, ability (cognitive, social/emotional, and physical), veteran status, genetic information, age, immigration or citizenship status, socioeconomic status, language, or any other legally or constitutionally protected attributes or affiliations. Discrimination undermines our community's long-standing efforts to create, foster, and promote equity and inclusion for all. Some examples of discrimination include acts of hate, violence, harassment, bullying, or retaliation. For more information, see City Schools' City Schools also provides equal access to the Boy and Girl Scouts and other designated youth groups.
For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.
This position is affiliated with the City Retirement Plan.