Team Support Paraprofessional SY 23-24
| Baltimore City Public Schools|
United States, Maryland, Baltimore
200 East North Avenue (Show on map)
|September 19, 2023|
Paraprofessionals perform a variety of routine school-based support and pupil contact duties within the Baltimore City Public Schools by assisting teachers, administrators, and other designated professionals in non-instructional activities. Work may be clerical, administrative support, service oriented, involve monitoring activities in various school settings, and/or assisting students as needed. Team Support Paraprofessionals provide technical clerical support and assistance to Child Study Teams (CST) and Individualized Education Program (IEP) Committees. Team Support Paraprofessionals are 10-month positions.
This posting is for employees who will remain in their current job title but wish to transfer to another school location. This includes voluntary transfers, surplus employees, and employees at closing school locations. Employees who would like to transition into this job title from another job title may only be considered if there are no existing surplus employees in need of placement.
* Provide clerical, administrative and/or general assistance in support of school programs and operations as it relates to the IEP process.
* Prepare documents required for IEP team meetings.
* Assist with monitoring records for compliance and with ensuring that IEP files meet qualitative standards.
* Maintain contact with parents and complete diligent effort process.
* Assist with establishing IEP meeting schedules and send out meeting notifications.
* Document contacts in the Communication Log.
* Access and print IEP reports from SETS.
* Assist with inputting data into SETS after IEP team meetings.
* Complete Third Party Billing documentation as appropriate.
* Assist with the set up, organization and maintenance of IEP confidential files.
* Maintain the confidentiality of records and information.
* Provide other support to the IEP team that demands organizational skills, attention to detail and professionalism.
* Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships; to meet and maintain performance and quality standards; to exercise patience in working with children; to work with children including those who have special needs; to understand and follow instructions; to make decisions in accordance with BCPSS policies, procedures and general practice; to work effectively with staff and children; to maintain clerical records; to perform routine and non-routine office tasks; to work with and provide a broad range of assistance to administrators, instructional staff and other school personnel; to operate office machines, to operate a computer keyboard and/or typewriter; to communicate clearly and concisely.
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link:
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.