WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT GOVERNMENT ENTITIESDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Tax Exempt and Government Entities HQ, Shared Services, Human & Capital Resources, Finance
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Formulates, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and reconciles the assigned operation support budget for the Agency, as well as the budget for other programs within the organization, e.g., allocates support resources to the operating offices, develops controls for the financial accounting of these resources, and conducts cost and spending studies.
- Develops and prepares agency directives, Service-wide policy statements and guidelines pertaining to budget related programs and financial management for the assigned office that has service-wide impact. Advises and assists the Director on all financial matters affecting the organization. Serves as liaison between the assigned organization Financial Office, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Procurement organization.
- As a technical expert on assigned program(s), researches and resolves the most complicated questions, interprets policies, and "trouble-shoots" program problems that arise. Provides authoritative technical assistance, guidance, and advisory services to lower-graded specialists.
- Conducts in-depth evaluative analyses operations and procedures for assigned program(s). Initiates, develops, or recommends modifications to procedures, systems project objectives, and operations in order to correct existing deficiencies and resolve especially complex and difficult problems of program improvements.
- Develops, implements and coordinates reporting and information-gathering procedures and evaluates operations within the assigned program area(s). Provides management with evaluative reports assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, which are administered throughout the assigned organization.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-14: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience include experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant is the authoritative program expert with substantial responsibility for performing analytical and evaluative staff work primarily involving financial management and strategic planning. This work includes conducting cost and spending studies; evaluating the progress in achieving strategic objectives; preparing reports for executives; and, using statistical and process improvement methodologies to develop and/or implement performance measures, analyze processes, identify improvement opportunities, and improve customer service.
For more information on qualifications please refer to .
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- This is a Non-Bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Day Shift
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- May be eligible for telework based on IRS policy. If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
This announcement will establish an inventory of applicants. This inventory will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed and additional vacancies as they become available for the next 6 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply by the closing date of the announcement (11:59 pm ET), 02/20/2024 to be considered. Applicants will be considered in the category group order. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s):
03/30/2023, 06/30/2023, 09/30/2023, 12/31/2023.
This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the
month period if needed, not later than 5 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest category who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first.
If additional vacancies exist
, applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest category will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than (NLT)
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Education - See Education Section above
- Registration/License (if applicable) - active, current registration/license
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) - If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you MUST submit documentation of graduation from high school (or equivalent); OR completion of a formal vocational training program; OR statement from school authorities agreeing with your decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 02/20/2024 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 02/20/2024.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
- To begin the application process, click the "Apply Online" button.
- You will be re-directed to USA STAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
- To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/20/2024.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: . All of your applications will appear on the
page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an
Additional Application Information
page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The
will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each
means, visit: .
Agency contact information
(ERC) Employee Resource Center
Tax Exempt and Government Entities HQ
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.