CRM & Student Services
Assistant CIO-CRM and Student Information Systems
The Application Developer will be
responsible for assisting with the development of technology solutions as
part of the CRM and Student Information Systems team, in coordination with
the Assistant CIO for CRM and Student Information systems and collaborating
with technical leads within the Information Services & Technology
division at NJIT. This individual will be able to work on fairly complex
application design and development assignments with minimal supervision. A
self-starter, with a proven ability to learn new technology, this individual
will work as part of a cross functional team, including technical and
business representatives. The individual will need to operate with tight
deadlines and be capable of handling multiple assignments concurrently, negotiating
priorities with input and assistance of their manager. The individual will
provide functional and technical guidance to less experienced developers,
including student interns, and train campus partners on new technology, as
needed. The successful candidate will keep abreast of emerging technology
trends, and take an active interest in professional development to ensure
their skills stay current. All duties will need to be performed in accordance
with university policies, procedures and core values.
- Install, configure, develop, maintain and support software applications that include third party vendor solutions, cloud hosted application, and in-house developed applications.
- Prepare detailed software specifications working with business and academic users; design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and diagnose problems, evaluate results and resolve issues; maintain and document software applications, job control procedures, process workflows, user interfaces and new features of the university's enterprise application systems.
- Respond to incidents, service outages and service requests in a timely manner and collaborate with team members within the Information Services & Technology division, campus partners and vendors.
- Provide technical support of enterprise applications.
- Support enterprise applications in accordance with established NJIT standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain application security standards and implement application security controls for enterprise applications.
- Interact with vendors during evaluation, implementation and operation/maintenance of vendor solutions.
- Participate in prototyping and testing of new enterprise applications and solutions.
- Participate in large scale systems implementations as an integral part of the team.
- Provide back-up to other application developers.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed, including readiness to support after hours and weekends.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience implementing medium and large scale projects, and complex product integrations.
- 3+ years of experience developing with relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with application development using APIs, web services, and technologies such as Groovy JAVA PHP PL/SQL Java script/AJAX etc.
- Demonstrated experience translating business requirements into technical requirements and developing solutions to fit the business needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall technology development leveraging cloud.
- Demonstrated experience implementing version control, change control.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- A Master's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Banner.
- Experience working with integration (iPaaS) platforms, and RPAs.
- Experience with ITIL practices for IT service management.
- Experience developing with business intelligence tools like Cognos or Tableau.