Job posting has expiredBack to search results
| Consolidated Communications|
|June 16, 2022|
The Software Engineer directs the solution design of new functions and features from conception to completion for systems and applications.
The Software Engineer works with the business management and end-users to conceptualize a new project; enhancement or change in functionality recommends strategies and then designs the requirements. This requires understanding business functionality, technical system interfaces and database design of the applications.
The Software Engineer also evaluates the financial cost of each of the projects to ensure the business case is justified.
This position can be remote within a state that CCI operates in.
Works with the business community to understand current issues and problems with the application, architecture, business process and combination thereof to determine root cause and design the most effective solution.
Defines end user/systems requirements for new project and programs.
Participates in the design and review of new product requirements and technical design.
Designs functionality to include modifications to existing product process, or the creation of new processes.
Oversees the technical development of the projects and/or changes to the applications.
As required supports the system testing phase by reviewing the testing plans and execution results. Works with the technical teams and the end-users when resolving defects found in testing.
Works with subject matter experts and other architects to define business and system requirements, conduct process and data modeling and support the IT Enterprise architecture development.
May be responsible for configuration change request solutions to include requirement and Product Work Book (PWB) validation, User Interface Placement, and configuration rules.
May provide Tier 2 support of Change Requests to include Product Workbook impact, configuration rule validation, and User Interface changes
May perform Tier 2 review of all false defects identified during testing routines.
Contribute towards development of future technology direction in conjunction with other IT teams.
Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The candidate must have experience creating web pages, APIs and applications using technologies listed below.
* CSS, HTML, XHTML, XML, XSD, XSLT
* Java (Spring Framework & Spring Boot)
* Java Script (JS, JSP, JSF)
* RES Tful & SOAP services
Experience in the following is preferred:
* Apache Tomcat, Weblogic
* PL/SQL, DDL (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
* NET Framework, Core, ASP/MVC
* Maven, Eclipse, GIT
* Experience working with various data and voice providers and users a plus
* Strong experience in the identification and resolution of user/implementation requirements.
* Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct research into system issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Experience with hardware & Operation system selection, installation and configuration as well as virtualization
Required Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree and equivalent 5 years related experience
* Experience in telecom operations a plus
* Experience in cross functional project management
* Strong experience integrating customer requirements and system improvements
* Experience in the identification and implementation of cross-functional process and system improvements that support expense reduction
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected byrr law.