Equipment Engineer (Software)
Location San Diego - CA, US Degree Bachelor Experience 0-2 years Team Research & development Job category Computer science & software engineering Electrical engineering Mechatronics Travel 20% Reference J-00241774-041
Introduction to the job
The equipment engineering group, leads new product introduction (NPI) to our customer service (CS) organization and provides the means and methods to operate, troubleshoot and maintain the ASML system. As equipment engineer you will be working in a cross-functional team to ensure a new product meets performance criteria such as serviceability, reliability and availability. You will develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the product and provide feedback to the design team on improving the product. During new product introduction towards customer service you will provide support during first integration and on-site to validate the product and provide the required training to enable success at the customer site.
This position may
require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export
Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates
must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to
beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with
candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Works with design staff concerning product software and controls design and reliable and efficient operation of controls system/diagnostic/GUI to decrease availability impact.
- Participates in sub-system design reviews and evaluates the new product designs for serviceability, quality, and reliability.
- Identifying potential points of failure and mitigating actions
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future service requirements.
- Coordinates service activities between Engineering and Customer Service.
- Participates as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Maintains databases for reliability and availability.
- Ensures proper diagnostic capability to point to issue root causes effectively.
- Assists in conducting time and efficiency studies and develops improved processes based on findings.
- Participates in Alpha testing in our factories to prepare for customer roll-out.
- Coordinates and supports beta test software activities to flow through customer service.
- Coordinates change and deviation activities to get properly introduced through the CS organization.
- Maintains track record.
- Coordinates and supports escalations during NPI phase between CS and engineering.
- Investigates and reports on root cause analysis and follows up with corrective actions.
- Implements containment and corrective actions.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on defined metrics (test data, Dead On Arrival (DOA) data, availability data, etc.) at a defined interval.
- Assists in evaluating and analyzing data acquired during test using programs such as MS Excel, MS Access, JMP, and Lab View.
- Ability to travel to customer sites globally 20% of the time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering discipline (Electrical, Controls, Computer Science or Computer Engineering) with 0 - 2 years of experience in a professional engineering environment
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, MS Access, Lab View, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, and Agile.
- Lab VIEW, Visual Basic and Java programming knowledge are desired but not required.
- Statistical/6-Sigma experience preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Able to manage and communicate with stakeholders across different regions of the world.
- Proficient presentation skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our .